Having carried out a first aid needs assessment and identifying that a First Aider is needed, the employer has to provide appropriate First Aid at Work training for their First Aiders. Our Ofqual accredited Level 3 Award in First Aid at Workcourse is the Platinum Standard in industry.
All UK and overseas business which wish to comply with current UK legislation, Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations, should provide this training for their first aiders.
First Aid at Work Course Content
During this 3 day course the following is covered:
- Acting safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Treating an unconscious casualty (including seizure)
- Wounds and bleeding
- Minor injuries
- Preventing cross infection, recording incidents and actions and the use of available equipment
- Sprains and strains
- Spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- Eye injuries
- Severe burns and scalds
- Heart attack
Assessment of the Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work includes 2 multi choice question papers and several practical scenarios including acting safely, promptly and effectively in managing: an unconscious casualty; a non breathing casualty (to include action for vomiting); a casualty with wounds and bleeding; and a casualty with a suspected fracture.
An Ofqual accredited First Aid at Work certificate, valid for 3 years, is issued by Simply First Aid.
Suggestions for additional courses to compliment this training are:
- Automated External Defibrillation
- Emergency Treatment of an Anaphylactic Reaction
- Paediatric Life Support