Why do I need this?
The aim of the qualification is to enable learners to attain the knowledge and competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations. Learners should be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations with an understanding of the role of the first aider.
Who is it for?
The qualification is designed for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide First Aid when dealing with an emergency situation.
What is involved?
What will I achieve?
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to demonstrate and show an understanding of:
- The roles & responsibilities of a first aider.
- How to assess an incident.
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally.
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally.
- The safe use of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
- How to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking.
- How to manage a casualty with external bleeding.
- How to manage a casualty who is in shock.
- How to manage a casualty with a minor injury.